American Views Abroad


Thursday, June 22, 2006
 
Clint Dempsey is my hero of the day for having scored America's only goal in the 2006 Word Cup games, not counting the own goal given us by Italy. The final score, however, was Ghana 2 - USA 1. So the USA team will be going home now. It's a long time that I felt proud to be an American, but when our team held its own against Italy in their second World Cup game, recovering their honor after the disastrous first game, I felt proud. Which team will we cheer for now?

Comments:
I was looking forward to the US team and its performance at this World Cup after the terrific game it had with Germany four years ago. Unfortunately, they were a disappointment. They seemed lost on the field when playing the Czech team. I was appalled by one member calling the game with Italy 'war' and not impressed with the fouls produced by both sides in that game. Perhaps I am showing my age, but I remember learning back then it is not if you win or lose that counts, but how you play the game. Perhaps Ghana should not have got that 11 meter call, but there was a poster held up by one of its citizens that impressed me. God Bless America, but please let Ghana win. Amen. Gloria
 
Post a Comment


Disclaimer: American Views Abroad is not responsible for offsite content. All links in blog entires are external offsite links, unless otherwise indicated.