American Views Abroad


Friday, October 01, 2004
 
Update on my registration odyssey: On Gloria's advice I contacted the League of Women Voters in my home town via e-mail and detailed the situation, telling them my concerns of having the registration go through, and receiving assurances that my absentee ballot is counted. I received a friendly and helpful response a few hours later which I will quote in part:

Registration in Hamilton County has been incredibly heavy this year; reports are that over 50,000 new voters have registered this summer/early fall. The Board of Elections personnel is working very hard to process all the registrations but that might be one reason why you are having problems getting an answer. Registration deadline is Monday October 4 so you do need to get this solved quickly. They will accept mailed registrations that are postmarked by October 4.
The person answering did not think my problems had anything to do with registering as a Democrat. Members of both parties serve in the Board of Elections and the current chairman in Hamilton County is a Democrat.

They also advised me to contact the Ohio Secretary of State or the Director and Deputy Director of the Hamilton County Board of Elections. This I have just done and will hopefully receive a response before leaving on my vacation.

Comments: Post a Comment


Disclaimer: American Views Abroad is not responsible for offsite content. All links in blog entires are external offsite links, unless otherwise indicated.