American Views Abroad


Saturday, October 30, 2004
 
Here's a footnote about my registration experiences. I checked with the U.S. Consulate and was informed that the registrations were sent via "pouch mail" to the county clerks of the respective states and counties. So my registration would have gone to the offices of Greg Hartmann, Country Clerk of Hamilton Country, who, by the way, is a Republican. There is no way to determine how it got lost.

I'm noticing the trend that everyone is sick of election news and politics these days. I know that studying the newspapers intensively since the Iraq war began has taken its toll on me. One has to envy people like George W. Bush who do not read newspapers. So I offer here a slight diversion by Mark Twain to help people to take their minds off the election, or at least help move things into another perspective. Please read Mark Twain's Running For Governor.

Comments: Post a Comment


Disclaimer: American Views Abroad is not responsible for offsite content. All links in blog entires are external offsite links, unless otherwise indicated.